2013 OUTSTANDING RETAILER AWARDS (ORAs)
WHO CAN ENTER
All Canadian home improvement retailers/dealers that have operated under the current ownership for at least two years are eligible. Dealers may submit entries directly, or chain/buying group head offices may select their best dealer(s) and prepare the entries for them.
CATEGORIES TO ENTER*
- Best Hardware Store (any size)
- Best Building Supply/Home Centre (under 20,000 square feet)
- Best Building Supply/Home Center (20,000 to 50,000 square feet)
- Best Large Surface Retailer (over 50,000 square feet)
- Best Contractor-Specialist Dealer (must do at least 70 percent of sales with contractors)
- Best Young Retailer (a store manager under the age of 35; entrants may be owners or chain employees)
- Community Leader. This award is open to all stores. Its purpose is to celebrate the outstanding contributions¾events, charitable donations, etc.¾made by a store’s staff/managers/owners to the community they serve.
- Local Hero – This award was introduced in 2012. Its purpose is to honour an individual employed in home improvement retailing who has made an outstanding contribution to his or her community beyond the scope of normal business duties or store community involvement.
*New categories may be added before the program opens for submissions.
WHAT THE JUDGES WILL BE LOOKING FOR
A panel of experts will be evaluating entries on the basis of excellence in customer service, overall store appearance, merchandising, marketing, employee management, community involvement and sales growth.
WHAT YOU WIN
Bragging rights, a great plaque, and a marketing package that includes a write-up in Hardware Merchandising, a customized video, and press releases and images ready to be sent to local media. The awards will be presented at a special ORA Dinner, held on the opening evening of the Hardlines Conference in October.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE 2013 ORA PROGRAM