Paul Kennedy, vice-president of Wolseley's Plumbing Group, has announced a new structure for the Group. This restructuring is a continuation of last year's business group appointments, which gives vice-presidents ownership of entire business groups across Canada.
“I am very excited about our new structure because of what it will mean for our customers and our vendors,” said Kennedy. “Having the same structure within each region will support the execution of our national strategy while allowing for clearly defined local execution. This better equips us to provide a superior and consistent experience for our customers across Canada, drive national strategies with our vendor partners, as well as provide growth opportunities for our employees.”
The Plumbing Group now has five regions, each of which is headed by a general manager.
- British Columbia/Northern Alberta by Dave Pratt
- Southern Alberta/Midwest by Keith Strachan
- The Greater Toronto Area (GTA) by Craig Dunford, who began with Wolseley on January 28
- Ontario/Atlantic, currently reporting to Paul Kennedy until a GM is hired
- Quebec by Sebastien Laforge
Within the new structure, the GMs are responsible for the overall management of their business area. They will execute the company’s national strategy within their regions while providing local market focus. This includes providing effective leadership to and development of their teams and ensuring focused sales and marketing strategies are developed, executed and monitored.
Reporting to each GM is a management team comprised of one or more sales managers, an operations manager, business development manager and a number of branch area managers.
The new structure also includes the following three national roles: Sales Operations, Strategy and Development and Operations.
- Casian Glavce, previously the Strategic Business Manager, is the Director of Sales Operations for the Plumbing Group across Canada. In his new role, Glavce is responsible for leading the sales strategy development and tactical execution for the Plumbing Group. This includes identifying and developing best practices, core programs and KPIs that are shared and consistently implemented across all regions. He will work with the GMs and regional sales leaders to develop improvement plans and execute a consistent sales process across the business.
- Barry Moulsdale, previously the Business Development Manager for Ontario, is the Director of Strategy and Development for the Plumbing Group across Canada. In his new role, Moulsdale is responsible for the execution of our product strategy and vendor alignment activities, channel strategy for showrooms, counters, business development and field marketing.
- In addition to retaining his duties as the Director of Branch Operations for the company, Terry Thompson is responsible for branch Operations for the Plumbing Group.